Sixteen Dutch fritters at the same time
Are you fond of poffertjes? With this practical pan you can make sixteen poffertjes at the same time. The pan is made from 100% natural iron. This material can withstand very high temperatures without damaging it. Your poffertjes will soon be seared by the high temperatures. In this way no nutrients are lost and a crispy crust is formed.
Protection of beeswax
This poffertjespan is free of chemicals and coatings such as PFOA and PTFE. Instead, this pan is provided with a protection based on natural beeswax. When you use the pan a lot, there is a natural non-stick coating. This makes the baking result always better. The darker the bottom of this poffertjespan becomes, the better the non-stick coating will do its job.
Burn-in before use
Before you can work with the DeBuyer B-element pan, it is important that you burn the pan first. The simplest way is as follows:
- Wash the pan very well first, so that the wax layer is completely gone
- Put the pan dry on the fire and let it get hot
- Pour in some vegetable oil and spread well over the bottom of the pan
- Let the oil burn in, until the pan starts to smoke (the bottom of the pan is changing, that's the intention)
- Turn off the heat, let the pan cool down completely and wipe away the excess oil with some kitchen paper
- Ready for use!
Clean DeBuyer B element pan
DeBuyer pans are beautiful pans and to keep them so beautiful, it is necessary to carefully maintain the pans. The pan is not dishwasher safe and should not be soaked in water, because then it may rust. Tips for keeping the pan in top condition:
- Wash the pan with water after use, do not use soap!
- Put the pan briefly on the fire, so that it becomes dry
- Lubricate the pan with oil and put it back in the cupboard